And that’s a wrap.
Before you leave, we thought it would be important to leave you with a short recap:
- Step one is not just about generating a list of names. First, know how your competitor’s name, know how you want to position your brand and know the attributes of a strong brand name
- Naming is a process. Brand names that make you cringe at the beginning may grow on you with time so don’t give up on them too early
- If you and your team love a name, but can’t get the .com, consider using a modifier like go, get, my, hq, app, the, etc.
- You may get stuck, which is OK. Sometimes, procrastination can be the precursor for your “a ha” moment
- Hire a trademark attorney before you select a brand name
We hope you found our naming guide insightful and even learned a thing or two along the way. If you have any feedback (positive or negative), feel free to drop us a comment below.
Lastly, thanks to all those that helped me piece this naming guide together (you know who you are!) and special thanks to Annelise Schoups and Eli Altman for directly contributing.